I've had the fu for about 2 weeks and today

Question
I've had the fu for about 2 weeks and today the symptoms got much worse, temperature 102.2, profound aching in joints and muscles, bad headache with acute pain behind the eyes, nausea and dizziness
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
more details please...

Detailed Answer:

please provide more details about your symptoms. I'll make it easier for you by asking specific questions...
- When did the fever first occur?
- Describe your symptoms and their change over time during the last 2 weeks.
- When did the headache start?
- Is the headache constant? (even when your temperature is normal)
- Does the light or sounds bother you?

Please provide as many details as you can. The evolution of the symptoms is important.

I'll be waiting for you response...

Follow-up: I've had the fu for about 2 weeks and today 35 minutes later
It has been a normal case of flu until this morning . Earlier today the chills were close to being intolerant, I laid under 3 blankets shivering for at least a couple hours. Took a short nap and when I woke up I was weak and dizzy. Have barely eaten because of the nausea

The really bad symptoms started last night and practically debilitating all day today. The pain in the joints and muscles has been very bad all day

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
assessment by a physician is required

Detailed Answer:
What's considered "a normal case of flu" differs a lot between different individuals. That's why I asked some questions to get more information. I understand that the fever started with the rigor (shivering). High fever with rigor usually denotes serious infection although influenza may cause it even when uncomplicated.

The headache may accompany fever and this is expected in most cases of patients with the flu but an intense headache that won't get better when the temperature goes normal raises some concerns (sinusitis? meningitis?).

Another unfavorable piece of information is the duration of your symptoms. Having a two-phase (minimal symptoms at first, serious symptoms on the second phase) disease is usually bad because it may indicate a complication (sinusitis is a common complication of the common cold).

So in conclusion, high fever with rigor usually means serious infection so you'd better visit your doctor for assessment. Until then taking paracetamol (acetaminophen) for the fever may help with the symptoms.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!