I've had a swollen gland on one side under my
High resolution ultrasonography and FNAC for confirmation and plan
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Swollen glands under either sides of chin, particularly on having cold can be due to one of the following:
Sub-mandibular salivary glands.
Or Lymph node enlargement.
This can be diagnosed by the following ways:
High resolution Ultrasonography can differentiate between the two and if a lymph node is found, one can go for FNAC that is fine needle aspiration cytology.
CT scan also can confirm the same.
So please go for these investigations to get a confirmed cause so that further management can be done accordingly.
I hope this answers your query and helps in decision making.
Feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Dr T Chandrakant.
General and ENT Surgeon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...