It's been suggested that I get ear vents inserted to
I've read about the vents can cause hearing loss , and as I've no hearing in my left ear , is this safe to get done ? If getting it done I need vents in both ears .
You can get better after procedure.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
Ear tubes are used to equalise the pressure in two sides of ear drum. In your case it is a good choice .
It is safe to get done.
It has a small risk of hearing loss but mainly in persons who suffer from otitis media with effusion.
I think your hearing may get better after procedure and also you will feel better when pressure get stabilised.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.