Itchy white patches on thighs, discoloration. Advice?
Thanks for posting your query.
Persistent itching only in the thighs not getting relieved by local antiseptic and antifungal ointments can be due to allergy or eczema or dermatitis.
A close examination by dermatologist will help in diagnosis.
Most of such problems are relieved by applying calamine lotion and a steroid(cortisone) based antiseptic cream on the area.
You can also take Benadryl or Actifed orally for the itching.
This will take care of your symptoms in 2-3 days.
In case the symptoms are persistent then you need to consult your dermatologist for stronger prescription medicines.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itchy patch on thigh scabbing
- Dry itchy patch on thigh
- White patches on infant thigh
- Itchy white patches on thighs discoloration advice
- White patches on thighs of baby
- White patches on inner thighs
- White patches thigh back
- Itchy white patches on neck and thighs
- Red itchy patches on thighs
- White dry patches on thighs
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?