Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Itchy vagina,unprotected sex,small bumps in line pattern in vagina and edge,odor,yeast infection treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
I started itching in my vagina about three days after having unprotected sex...a few days later there were extremely small bumps that were in a line pattern within
my vagina only and on the edge of my vulva. they were extremely small and an odor that was not strong but not pleasant. I used a yeast infection treatment for seven days which seemed to make it better but as it begin to heel it would itch more....This is the third week now and I'm waiting to get to my doctor. I'm not itching but the remnant of where the bumps were are still there.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 1 hour later
Hello Calinda,

Thanks for your query.

The most common cause of vaginal itching is a candidal infection.

Since you have already used a antifungal agent, to treat it, and the symptoms have receding, you might need to wait a bit more longer, so that the infection can be completely cleared.

The presence of bumps on the vaginal orifice, along with symptoms of itching, and discomfort could also be due to a benign sebaceous cysts, which are not associated with STDs or with sexual intercourse. Sebaceous cysts are a enclosed sac located under the skin. If pierced, a fluid oozes out, which is sort of sticky and yellowish looking, called keratin.

Sebaceous cysts are harmless and ordinarily disappear after a while. In case, you develop a few signs mentioned below, it would indicate infection in the sebaceous cysts needing a course of antibiotics.

1. Tenderness of the infected area
2. Reddening of the area
3. Warm feeling on the infected bumps
4. Bumps emit fluids that are grayish white or cheesy in color
5. Emitted substances has a foul odor

In case the symptoms persist or worsen, consulting your doctor for an examination and proper diagnosis and treatment might be very helpful.

I shall be available, to answer any follow up questions, that you might be having.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor