Itchy sore throat after oral sex. Concerned for STD

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had a soar throat and burned woke up with a mild soar throat that night had oral sex next morning throat was more soar and when drinking or eating it burned where nostrils XXXXXXX throat. This went away after 2 days still have mild soar throat and itching under my toungue. I have never had an STD and am concerened I do ??
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

As you had sore throat just a day before you had your oral sex and then it became mild after 2 days indicates that it is unlikely due to STD.

Through oral sex one could have a throat infection by both STD ( Gonorrhea and Chlamydia)and non STD organisms (Streptococcus). So better consult your physician or an E.N.T. surgeon and reveal the exact history. He/she will do the necessary investigations and will give you the exact treatment and you can get rid of all your symptoms.
It is always safer to have protected sex even for oral sex.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
DR S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
I got it thanks!
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later

If you have any further queries with regards to my answer please feel free to ask.
If you don't have any more questions please close and rate/review this conversation.

Thanks

Dr.S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan