Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Itchy skin, dandruff and acne on face. Blood test came normal. Suggest treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
artecaria problam 2yr itchy skin ,dandruf,acne on face ,rear and front side of body pimples,freqent urine and thirsty for water,blood report normal ,no sugar problam,harmonel test normal only IGE value 1731 IU/ml .treatment HISTA GLOBE 4no injection given .patient name XXXX XXXXXXX AGE 18 YR my younger son.I want to know for this problam treatment and best doctor and where place. Ilive in XXXXXXX (M.P.)indore,agra bhopal dehli are approchablefor me or you can sugest me
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please read a detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
thanks for writing to us.
From the description provided, I understand that your son is suffering from chronic urticaria and seborrheic dermatitis. SD is characterised by severe dandruff scalp, red itchy scaly skin over chest, eyebrows, eye lashes, nasal folds and behind ears. These pimple like lesions could be due to SD or sometimes acne can occur with SD also.
Chronic urticaria can be managed by oral antiallergics like cetirizine, hydroxyzine along with histoglob injections or oral steroids. SD can be managed with topical or oral steroids.
I would appreciate if you could attach images of the concerned areas as it would help me in diagnosing the condition and suggesting appropriate management. Also I would like to know treatment that has been taken so far for urticaria.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Itchy skin, dandruff and acne on face. Blood test came normal. Suggest treatment 21 hours later
itching in whole body (whole hair skin with scalp occasional) de pigmentation of skin at chest hand and legs also with like fat strip type.uneven skin in colour. Acne & pimples on the face and beck side also. Whenever under stress of study ,problem started.Always see face on the mirror after off the light.Hesitate to talk with teacher and friend and loose confidence.Treatment of this problem permanently or for some time relaxation. Asthmatic problem have only Deepanshu mother side.pls suggest me best treatment or doctor name also???
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please read a detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
I have seen the images attached. I believe Deepanshu is facing three skin problems simultaneously
Seborrheic dermatitis

Now to treat these skin problems, I would advise that you may begin with below mentioned treatment

Urticaria- continue Histoglob injections. Ask him to take levocetirizine (like HH levo/ levosiz/ lcz )two times in a day and hydroxyzine( atarax) 25 mg in night. At places of severe itching he may apply antiitch lotions like sarna lotion or venusia soft lotion or calosoft lotion etc

Seborrheic dermatitis/ severe dandruff scalp- ask him to use ketoconazole shampoo every alternate day. Should keep the shampoo for five minutes over scalp and wash off( scalp/ nizoral/ keraglo ad etc). Use steroid lotion like diprovate or zydip lotion over scalp in night. This would control dandruff. Once its gone, just continue with shampoo twice in a week and stop steroid lotion

Acne- Ask him to take doxycycline 100 mg two times in a day. He can use clindamycin gel( clindac a/ faceclin) over acne lesions in morning and tretinoin gel in night(nexret). If required oral isotretinoin can be started to control his acne

Personally I feel he should begin with urticaria and dandruff treatment first. Once dandruff is controlled, he may start acne treatment. Treatment for urticaria will continue for long. Ask him to take oral antiallergics for 3 weeks. If good control is there with these medicines, then later on we may taper the dose.

If his skin feels dry then he may use cetaphil dam moisturiser to hydrate dry areas.

As such whatever skin concern he is having are common ones though chronic in nature. You do not need to go anywhere far away from city to get these treated. You may visit any qualified dermatologist in your city. If at all you are not satisfied with doctors in your city, you may take consultation from a XXXXXXX professor of dermatology department iany government medical college nearby your city. I believe you may go to Bhopal medical college for the same.

For any further doubts or clarification ,I shall be availble. So feel free to send in your queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor