Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Itchy scrotum,erection problem,erectile dysfunction

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 362 Questions
Hi, my age is 29,5.7 tall and 68kg
i have been suffering with this itching thing at my scrotum since 12yrs but no treatment have been taken..daily while bathing i itch then with a brush and after drying i apply deo or aftershave lotion which really helps me a lot through out the day m badly addicted to this.The day i dont do this i just cannot think of anything else..I want to get rid out of this n have a permanent solution to it
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Follow-up: Itchy scrotum,erection problem,erectile dysfunction 6 minutes later
more over i some time have an erection problem too, i mean i cant carry the erection for a longer period..
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 37 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

The most common condition leading to this type of itching of scrotum is Fungal infection. Its called tinea cruris. It usually affects the inner aspects of the scrotum and groin.

The preferred treatment for it will be an antifungal cream such as Cotrimazole. Please see a Dermatologist for complete examination and get treated accordingly.

At your age, its quite rare to have erection related problems. Most of the times, even after complete evaluation, no underlying cause is found.

Do not worry about the same. If you still have concern, you must consult a urologist.

Hope his answers your query. Please get back if you need any further information.

Thanks and Regards,

Dr Kiran.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Itchy scrotum,erection problem,erectile dysfunction 47 hours later
thanks doctor, i scrub my scrotum and apply deo ,will it harm later in future?
for my erection problem shall i go for an allopathic or homeopathic treatment?
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 2 hours later

Dont scrub as it can cause minor scratches which can delay healing and also worsen spread of fungus.

And regarding erection related problem, I would like to first reassure you.
You can consult an Urologist for this if your are concerned

Take Care

Dr Kiran
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor