Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Itchy red rashes appeared on penis tip. Applied candiderma ointment. Any effective medicine?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9627 Questions
i am 38 years old since from last 10 days i have red rashes on tip of my penis and under four-skin,i have itching and little discharge.burning sensation during urination i have applied CANDIDERMA OINTMENT still the rashes have not gone plz help me.
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Based on what you have described it appears that you may have genital mucocutaneous candidiasis. As this is more common amongst the persons with diabetes mellitus, please get your blood sugar levels done on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch done to rule out the same.

Topical antifungal gels like Mecanazole can be applied over glans and beneath the foreskin after cleaning thoroughly. In addition I suggest you to consult a doctor nearby for careful examination. He/she can prescribe oral antifungal agents like fluconazole for better infection control.

Many a time focal fungal infection of the genitalia are associated with urinary tract infection. The burning sensation while passing urine is suggestive of the same. You could get your routine Urine test done when you visit your doctor's office. In the interim drink plenty of fluids and take cranberry juice twice a day.

I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be pleased to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor