Itchy red rashes appeared on penis tip. Applied candiderma ointment. Any effective medicine?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: i am 38 years old since from last 10 days i have red rashes on tip of my penis and under four-skin,i have itching and little discharge.burning sensation during urination i have applied CANDIDERMA OINTMENT still the rashes have not gone plz help me.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later

Based on what you have described it appears that you may have genital mucocutaneous candidiasis. As this is more common amongst the persons with diabetes mellitus, please get your blood sugar levels done on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch done to rule out the same.

Topical antifungal gels like Mecanazole can be applied over glans and beneath the foreskin after cleaning thoroughly. In addition I suggest you to consult a doctor nearby for careful examination. He/she can prescribe oral antifungal agents like fluconazole for better infection control.

Many a time focal fungal infection of the genitalia are associated with urinary tract infection. The burning sensation while passing urine is suggestive of the same. You could get your routine Urine test done when you visit your doctor's office. In the interim drink plenty of fluids and take cranberry juice twice a day.

I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be pleased to answer.

Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad