Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Itchy, red bumps, become fluid-filled blisters, spreading. Any ideas?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 353 Questions
Hi, I started get little red itchy bumps that look like fleas bites about a week ago (even though I have never seen a flea) but they have become fluid filled blisters that are weeping. They are extremely itchy and seem to be spreading. Any ideas?

Thank you
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

From the description above, it looks like as if it is allergic in origin.
But you have not mentioned sites involved here by the lesion.

You can take antihistamines like cetrizine 10 mg once a day. But as it is weeping and spreading , I think it is better you consult dermatologist. It is more likely needed that we add steroids for suppressing inflammatory response. These drug needs prescription from doctor.

As it is itching very much, clean area and apply calamine lotion for soothing effect till you get dermatological consultation.

Remember if you have been exposed to any allergic food/dust/cloth material/insect bite. If possible try to avoid contact with that allergen.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor