Itchy rashes on penis tip. Suggest medicine to get rid of this

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hello doctor,

I used to get lot of itching near tip of the penis and i could see some red color rashes around penis(inside skin)

Please suggest me some medicines to get rid of the same

Above testes, some pimples are their and used to get itching on skin of testes

Thanx
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 33 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The penile problem fits with infection (bacterial/fungal).
Kindly alternate clotrimazole creme with mupirocin cream for better results.
Still it is better to consult your doctor to show the scrotum lesion also, though it looks like simple cyst in the skin, by your description.
Best regards
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 28 minutes later

Which specialist should i consult?

Please suggest me some powders or tablets instead of creams

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Hi
Welcome back.
Dermatologist/ urologist consult is necessary.
Cream/ointment works better than powder. Tablets can also be given in addition if the response is poor.
Wishing you good health,
DR GS