Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

167 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Itchy rashes on penis tip. Suggest medicine to get rid of this

Answered by
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hello doctor,

I used to get lot of itching near tip of the penis and i could see some red color rashes around penis(inside skin)

Please suggest me some medicines to get rid of the same

Above testes, some pimples are their and used to get itching on skin of testes

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 33 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The penile problem fits with infection (bacterial/fungal).
Kindly alternate clotrimazole creme with mupirocin cream for better results.
Still it is better to consult your doctor to show the scrotum lesion also, though it looks like simple cyst in the skin, by your description.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 28 minutes later

Which specialist should i consult?

Please suggest me some powders or tablets instead of creams

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome back.
Dermatologist/ urologist consult is necessary.
Cream/ointment works better than powder. Tablets can also be given in addition if the response is poor.
Wishing you good health,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Scrotum

doctor1 MD

i have a blood blister on my scrotum above a vein its no bigger than 1.5mm when i compress the skin theblood dissapears into the vein uppon the release of the skin the blood flows back into the blister. its not tghe first time but they always dissapear they do not easily burst in fact i dont think ive ever physicaly gotten one to burst. the scrotum is heavily veined could it be that my scrotal skin is easily damaged.

doctor1 MD

Hi. I had an angiogram 10 days ago and developed a haematoma in my groin. The bruising there has started to fade but I also have heavy bruising and some pain around my penis and scrotum. This hasn't faded at all and, if anything, has got worse. Is this normal?

doctor1 MD

I am 52, 6 feet tall and weigh 160 pounds. I am very active physically for recreation, either walking or cycling. I cycle more in the summer and about a month ago I noticed nonspecific discomfort in the area between my penis and anus while out cycling immediately after having a double unusual dosage of caffeine for me. I am a physiotherapy (orthopedics) lecturer who has not practiced in almost 20 years. I have palpated the area and found no specific areas of tenderness or swelling though I have varicosities in my scrotum of long standing. I had the prostate blood test this spring and it was negative and this was the second negative test in the past 4 years. I have also had 2 colonoscopies in the last 15 years, both negative. The discomfort has been consistently mild and can be brought on with a full bladder and prolonged sitting (I just sat in a car for 18 hours over the last 2 days). The best way to describe the symptoms is what I have always referred to as blue balls though orgasm has not relieved this problem. Please advise. Thanks.

doctor1 MD

i was kicked in the balls 5 days ago. no pain at all till about 4 days later. slightly uncomfortable but no discolour or visible bruising. balls arent really tender. sort of just a dull ache. ive done the reflex test and my scrotum is still reacting. testes both seem to be laying in the same direction. Is this small pain just part of getting over the trauma or could it be torsion?

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my testicle would be backwards (180 degrees) 90% of the time or more and I had pain every day from it....