Owl Image

Itchy rashes appeared all over body with swelling around eyelid. What is the disease?

Dermatologist
Question
I WAS DX WITH ctcl IN 2000. aT THAT TIME i HAD NUMEROUS AREAS OF ITCHING RASH COVERING APPROX. 50% OF MY BODY. nOW THE PROBLEM, WITHIN THE LAST 1-2 MO. i HAVE BEGUN DEVELOPING VERY NUMEROUS SMALL {10-15CM} SPOTS IN AREAS THAT WERE CLEAR BEFORE.iN ADDITION i HAVE BEGUN TO BREAK OUT IN A ROSEACIA {SIC} PATTERN ON MY FACE. i HAVE HAD THIS CONDITION BEFORE BUT IN A BUTTERFLY SHAPE. NOE IT ENCOMPASSES MY ENTIRE FACE WITH SWELLING AND AROUND MY EYES AND EYLIDS THERE IS ALOT OF CRUSTING. pLEASE HELP i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENING! i HAVE AN APPT. TOMORROW WITH MY gp AND WITH MY DERMATOLOGIST fEB.18. i ALMOST FORGOT i WAS READING SOME PAPERWORK THAT STATED i HAVE A MODERATE ADRENAL ADENOMA. YEAR 2000. thank you XXXXXXX
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in .
The condition could be mycosis fungoides, Pityriasis lichenoides chronica ,contact dermatitis, drug eruption ,seborrheic dermartitis etc.
Also I would like to know-
Do you have lesions over groin , webspaces ,lower abdomen?
Have you tried any new drugs/cosmetics/clothes etc?
Any other symptoms like fever/ joint pain /oral ulcers?
Itching is more during day or night?
Do face lesions increase after hot spicy food intake or coffee tea intake?
Is it responding to steroid cream?
Are you on any immunosuppresive drugs for skin condition.
Can you upload photos of the affected skin?
Photographs can help a lot in predicting the condition.
Upload the photographs and answer the question and we can continue the discussion here.
Anticipating your response.
Dr XXXXXXX
dermatology