Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

163 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Itchy penis with white liquid discharge. What could this be?

Answered by
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Practicing since :1974

Answered : 2761 Questions

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hi doctor, yesterday i started to have itch in the area of the tip of my penis, which i didnt pay much attention. In the night, i woke up to pee, then when i squeezed my penis, a very white liquid started flowing from between the foreskin and the head of my penis(not semen). I think is like pus, but I dont know. Today, i squeezed again and still pours but it was less. What do you think it could be? How bad is this? (PD: im uncut)
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 54 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

You have not mentioned about your sexual activity.
Are you married?

By your explanation, it seems you have infection and inflammation of your glans penis (bulb) and the foreskin. Any trauma, irritation (soap, applications, smegma etc.) and STDs leads to secondary bacterial infection. This will produce pus formation. It is more common with tight foreskin or in presence of inability to retract the foreskin.

Appropriate antibiotics and repeated washing will cure the condition. If you approach your physician he/she will guide you. Sometimes if it recurs and the foreskin was not able to be retracted, circumcision is advisable.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
In fact, im single, and i havent had sex in like 5 months. I dindt mentioned it, but it doesnt hurt, it just itches from time to time since yesterday, and ive been going to the restroom a few times today, just to check and it stills pours some of this sustance, but barely noticeable. And I must add, its hard to retract the foreskin, where I believe lies the infection (on the inside), but i havent been able to see, because of the foreskin tightness.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later

Sexual activity is not always a prerequisite to cause genital infections. Other common infection can occur when personal hygiene is compromised.

Since you mentioned you have a tight foreskin, there is a possibility that unwanted material like smegma, soap, secretions from previous sexual encounters, etc., can get gradually accumulated. This collection can be nidus of infection.

Therefore I encourage you to consult a competent genitourinary physician. It can be treated completely without much difficulty. You may also discuss the option of circumcision if foreskin is too tight and cause problems during sexual activity.

You will be alright soon. Do not be concerned.

I hope that I have cleared your doubts. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Dr S.Murugan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Genital infection

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen analysis and culture. The results of the HSA is as follows : VOLUME : 1.5 ML Total Count : 65 Million/ML...

doctor1 MD

I have a swollen vaginal labia. Is that serious?

doctor1 MD

My fiance has two hydrocele . He's in the army and has to get blood test rather frequent. Several times he's tested negative for any std . However, twice he's tested positive for chlamydia since we've been together. He said the doctors are saying...

doctor1 MD

I have follow up genital infection and premature ejaculetion.also. I take seberal type of treatment but I dont get permanent cure me
I have follow up genital infection and premature ejaculetion also I take several type of treatment but dont get permanent cure pls help me

doctor1 MD

Hello, I noticed a few lumps in my groin where my leg meets my trunk while shaving about 9 months ago. They are painless and stationary, and have since spread and multiplied to all five lymph sites. I have had fatigue and extreme weight loss as well as unusually itchy skin. I also have several wart like bumps in my groin, chest, and neck, and no matter what I try they will not budge and have also multiplied. I have also noticed a few odd shaped, flat brown spots that are uneven.
what could this be? Thank you!

doctor1 MD

I have a concern regarding my periods. I don't have a bleed for a few months then I get what I think is a start of a period, usually old blood.
Recently every time I go to the loo I have a heavy bleed and then nothing again. This has been happening for a few days now. This morning I woke up bursting for a wee and I bleed slightly, later I went for a number 2 And I bled more heavily.

Could there be something wrong