Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Itchy labia minora, reddish, white dry stuff, applied Sorbelene cream

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi, I've got an issue and have yet to see a doctor. I've got itchy labia minora on the outside, between labia majora and it looks quite red only on the left side with a small section that had some white dry stuff which I've wiped away and applied dpsome sorbelene cream. Can you help?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 41 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Your symptoms suggests the possibility of fungal infection of genitalia.

Other possibilities could be:

1. Chemical irritants: such as detergents, fabric softeners, feminine sprays, ointments, creams, etc.

2. Stress: May increase vaginal itching and make you more susceptible to infections.

3. Vaginitis: Inflammation, itching, discharge, and odor caused by other infections (including sexually transmitted diseases).

Follow these methods for the quick relief from symptoms:

1) Wear cotton clothes and underwear and avoid wearing any coarse or synthetic material.

2) Wear clean and dry clothes and use a mild detergent to wash them. Dried sweat, chemicals, dirt, and other debris may aggravate the condition.

3) You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

4) Application of a topical antibiotic cream like Bactroban or Neosporin and oral anti-inflammatory drugs after a prescription from your doctor are helpful in reduction of the redness and inflammation.

Sometimes application of one topical antifungal or a combination of two and more antifungals are needed until the itch disappears.

One has to continue application for 2 weeks after the itch disappears.

Avoid using any topical creams without doctor's prescription.

If the symptoms persist, please see your Primary Physician for examination and evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.

I will be available for follow up query if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor