Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Itchy and grey spots on scrotum is spreading to penis. Concerned

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
My scrotum has been itching now for about two weeks now. At first I thought it was jock itch, but upon closer inspection I've noticed gray spots on my scrotum. It's also much more wrinkled and slightly swollen. I checked my scrotum today and the gray spots have spread up the shaft of my penis and also appear underneath my foreskin! I have been sexually active, and I'm concerned now. Please help doctor!
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 13 minutes later

As suspected by you earlier, it looks like fungal infection. Grey patches and increase wrinkles is often seen with fungal infection.

You should give a try to local antifungal creams. This surely doesn't look like any STD.

Many antifungal creams can clear the condition in around two weeks. Examples of such preparations include those that contain clotrimazole(Cruex cream, Desenex cream, Lotrimin cream, lotion, and solution), miconazole(Monistat-Derm cream), ketoconazole(Nizoral cream), econazole (Spectazole), naftifine (Naftin), and terbinafine (Lamisil cream and solution). Any one cream can be used.

Rarely systemic treatment may be needed with antifungal tablet like griseofulvin (Fulvicin, Grifulvin, and Gris-PEG).

Minimizing sweat and moisture can help prevent fungal infections.

Please ask if I have left any of your query unanswered or if there are any doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor