Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Itching sometimes in the public area. the testicles tick to inner thighs, red dots on the thighs. Is it Jock itch ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12711 Questions
Sometimes I get an itch in my pubic area...howverr there no bumps or anything like that. My testicles stick to my inner thigh. My area has looked darker. Also there were red dots on my inner thigh but I'm thinking that was Jock Itch and that has helped but you can still see red spots
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
Feeling itchy in the pubic area with small red spots could be due to skin conditions as dermatitis, allergy or infection. Most of the times such skin conditions do improve after application of hydrocortisone ointment.
Sometimes just itching can also be due to fungal infection and requires antifungal creams as Cotrimazole or lotrimin.

Some measures for you:

1)Apply icepack on the area and then observe for any changes.

2)Apply calamine lotion for relief from itching.

3)Keep the area dry and apply Neosporin powder after consulting your Primary Physician.

If the symptoms persist or associated with discharge etc then consider visiting your Healthcare Professional for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Itching sometimes in the public area. the testicles tick to inner thighs, red dots on the thighs. Is it Jock itch ? 17 hours later
what about my testicles sticking to my inner thigh, as well as my shaft sticking to my testicles?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The problem of sticking of the skin could be related to the fungal infection or due to dampness in the area - may be excessive sweating.
You need to keep the area thoroughly dry to avoid the problem. You can also use a clotrimazole dusting powder after washing and drying the area twice daily.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor