Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Itching sensation and discoloration in pubic area. Not cured by antifungal medicine. Any cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
I have for many years the development of discoloring and itchy felling in my pubic area; I have tried few different antis fungal with no positive result.
Posted Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

I will be glad to be of assistance.

There are two possibilities for your concern:-

1. Lichen simplex chronicus which is an eczema. This can occur due to constant scratching.
It has to be treated with prescription strength steroid creams and also the itching has to be controlled with anti histaminic tablets like levocetrizine.

2. intertrigo which can be due to bacterial and fungal infection and has to be treated with a combination of antifungal like clotrimazole and antibiotic creams.

you need to consult your dermatologist and discuss my suggestions with him.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor