Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Itching in pelvis area, different color in skin. What is the ointment I should use?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10445 Questions
hi i am working in abudhabi i am having some sort of itching in the pelvis area when i thoroughly checked i found some different colour in my skin my friend told me it is fungus if it is that what is the ointment i should by from abudhabi back home when we were in our college when this thing came i applied candidb ointment please advise the same
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Slightly red and itchy lesions in pelvis area are most commonly caused by a fungal infection of the area. Along with the fungal infection there can sometimes be some inflammation which causes redness, itching and peeling of the skin.
The best way to treat this is with a topical cream which has both a mild steroid element and an antifungal cream. The active ingredients of this cream includes hydrocortisone and the antifungal clotrimazole.
Don’t use any cosmetics on the area. You can use some topical creams like Lotrimin after prescription from your doctor. Wear cotton clothes, retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then you may need oral antimicrobials/ antifungals for which you have to consult and get it prescribed from your doctor.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Itching in pelvis area, different color in skin. What is the ointment I should use? 4 hours later
should i consult a dermatologist or a general physician please advise
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
For your problem, it would be best to consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor