Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Itching in genital area with white discharge. Is this a symptoms of STD?

Answered by
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :1986

Answered : 2094 Questions

Posted on Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: i have a query that i m a 29 yrs male and recently married i m suffering from a problem that i am noticing since few days my genital part is having some white discharge with itch so just wanted 2 know is it any kind of STD m suffering with and wud be helpful if u cud help me with a treatment thanks
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 39 minutes later

Thanks for posting query to XXXXXXX

You are having discharge and itching which could be because of Infection bacterial or fungal.
Do you have burning sensation while passing urine or increased frequency? If it is there, it could point to injury.

Please get urine routine and microscopic to see if there are pus cells in sample.

I would suggest you to consult a Dermatologist and in such cases both the partner may require treatment. The treatment can be decided on only after a proper examination and investigation.

Hope this helps you, please inform about progress, once you consult.

Dr.A.Dubey M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 16 hours later
Thank you so much sir for the advice i ll get in touch as soon as the reports come n yes there is a slight burning sensation and the discharge smell is vry bad and there are red patches over the front area ll gt in touch as soon the reports bang in thank you much
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for your input,

Please get examination and investigations as soon as possible and inform me the reports and I will help you.

In the mean time, please take plenty of fluid.

Awaiting your response...

Dr. A. Dubey.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Frictional injuries

doctor1 MD

Hello, my girlfriend noticed she had a bump on her clitoris 3 days ago. It was whitish in the center and kind of red like it was inflamed on the sides and it hurt when she touched it. Yesterday she noticed a second bump, but this one was more...

doctor1 MD

Is it normal to have vaginal bleeding after 3 years of not having sex? Coz when we did it feels like its my first time and there was bleeding last night. Its my 8th day after my period. Then we did a foreplay this morning there is still bleeding....

doctor1 MD

If I have sex on Saturday or Sunday and my boyfriend cums inside me will I be able to have a smeer test on the following thursday? Or how long should I wait?

doctor1 MD

Hello Doc, i ve been married for 4 months now and have sex almost everyday. sometimes the lovemaking is pretty aggressive too. since y day i have noticed that that my penis has changed shape a bit and a pink tissue kind of a thing is peeping out. i ve heard that a man s penis head changes with prolonged sex. is this it? please help..

doctor1 MD

I have a dark purple spot that developed about a week ago right on my lower left rib cage. It's still purple after a week, size of a quarter. It doesn't hurt at all, never has. I don't remember getting hit there. I did start playing tennis again within the last week or so but I'm right handed. I'm concerned it's still this dark purple color after a week when a bruise usually fades away.

doctor1 MD

3 days ago noticed onupper arm below elbow on muscle a big dark purple almost blackk bruise witha a hard center ab out 1/4 or more inch long. there is no itching, its not like insect bite where the lump is pale colored , no open sore, pain only when touch at the acolre, no memory of injury occuring or bite happening. so now on this 3rd day around the dark bruise is a square shape red color about a 1/2 in. are u able to help us diagnose and/or treat.

doctor1 MD

Hello dr,my problem is that i have a wound on my penis i am taking treatment for it from past two weeks .it is healing but the process is very slow .my doc have changed med about three times .presently i am taking zincolak once daily.i have diabities for which i am taking glyciphage850 twice daily and it is under control. I have a problem of fixed drug alergy for doxy and anti fungus mediciens. Can i take ceftum 500 with my present medicine for a speedy recovery? Doc please help