Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Itching in body after having unprotected sex. What could be this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 695 Questions
Doctor I am 48yr, male. I had unprotected physical contact with a female day spa therapist on 22nd sept,13. A day after that i have been feeling stinging/pricking in my body at different places. It is more predominant in the pubic hair region but keeps happening throughout the body off and on. There are no visible rashes/abberations or any type of changes in the skin. I dont know whether I am allergic to any substance. It could be the female touch or the bedsheets or the oil or the talc powder she applied on me, I can't really say which reacted. I have promised to myself that this would be the first and the last time for me at such places. The lady in the link WWW.WWWW.WW I feel she has described what I feel to some extent. But I do not need to scratch the stinging/pricking area but just have to touch/wipe the area of sting with the hand and it goes off- to come back at another spot in the body. Please let me know if I need any tests done at the moment? I went to a Dermatologist but I did not have the heart to tell my him about my spa encounter face to face, hence he is treating me for an unknown allergy and has prescribed me Allerga and Lorfast each once a day which I have been taking for four days now. But there is no relief till now. The itching/stinging/pricking happens more during the day time, at night I dont feel anything and I sleep well. Can you help me diagnose this disease? Could it be infectious?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Staying calm and relaxed is key.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It seems you have become panic.So my first advise will be to stay calm.

Most of your symptoms are due to anxiety and not related to any infections.Antianxeity drug like alprazolam will help.

Chances of acquiring sexual infections depends on type of exposure.

Vaginal sex,anal sex,oral sex increase the chance of infection.You need to undergo blood tests only in such situations.

In case there is only physical contact like kissing,manipulation of genitals ,there is a least chance of getting any infection.

In any case you stay calm and all other things will settle down.

Hope this will help you.In case of any concerns I will be happy to help you.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Itching in body after having unprotected sex. What could be this? 10 hours later
Doctor it was sexual intercourse?

Any change in your prescription/medicatiion, any tests ?
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to undergo hiv test.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up.

If it was sexual intercourse then it will be better to undergo HIV test.

You need not to be panic as this is routinely done in any case of unprotected sexual intercourse.

I will not suggest any change of medicines right now.If you have any lesions over genital areas then they can be treated accordingly.

Finally One more thing I will like to advise is to consult a counselor.

I hope this will solve your query.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Itching in body after having unprotected sex. What could be this? 17 minutes later
Doctor I dont have any lesions over genital area nor I have even a small rash anywhere on the body. I believe that HIV test has a waiting period before it is reflected in the tests? Is that waiting period over? (I had this encounter on 22nd of September, ie. 20 days).

Apart from the HIV, do I need the IgE and Absolute Eosinophil Count tests?

As advised by you, I will go to a counselor. I am happily married and have two beautiful daughters. Should not have risked everyone's lives.
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for test right now,no need for other tests.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up.

Window period for HIV is 3 months.

I will advise you to go for test right now since if it comes negative this will give you some relief.You can go for repeat test again after 3 months.

IgE and absolute eoisinophil count are for allergy and you will not require these tests.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor