Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Ischemia, coronary heart disease. What are the exercises recommended for cardiovascular disorders?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 1750 Questions
my father detected with tmt borderline positive inducible ischemia so what should i do to prevent coronary heart diseases ,what kind of exersise i should recommended?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 7 hours later

Thank you for the query.

All exercise particularly any cardioexercises (such as brisk walking, jogging, swimming, threadmill) can potentially trigger angina (ischemia) and coronary vessel ischemia. It is very essential that you discuss about this with your cardiologist before commencing on any exercises.

Typically a cardiologist will plan for coronary angiography to know the status of coronary arteries. If significantly abnormal correct by angioplasty.

In addition keeping your blood pressure and serum lipids /blood sugars (if any) in control is important to prevent further coronary vessel disease.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor