Is white vaginal discharge normal after taking Meprate?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I am an unmarried girl. skipped my periods last months.
Doctor advised me to take meprate 10mg 3 times for 5 days .
I completed my last tablet on Monday night. I missed 1 tablet in between but went ahead and completed the dose. 3 days are over and I have not got my periods yet, I have white discharge now. Is white discharge normal after taking meprate ? How soon can i expect my periods ?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can get your period within a week.

Detailed Answer:
You may also get your period with in a week after stopping the drug. So please wait for 4-5 days for your period. Sometimes period may come after 2-3 weeks, so please do not get worried about it.

Yes! white discharge is common after meperate tablet but there are so many reasons for white discharge other then this.

So you can consult a gynaecologist and get your examination and investigation done to rule out the cause of white discharge, if white discharge is excessive in amount and disturbing your routine life.

You can do one more thing for white discharge- maintain proper vaginal hygiene, use cotton undergarments and do not use excessive soap.
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 19 minutes later
Thanks Doctor.

As I mentioned earlier , I skipped one of the doses in between and still went ahead and completed whatever was prescribed for 5 days . So I took over all 14 tablets instead of 15. So should I restart my dose or is it ok If a dose was skipped.

Also my doctor here told me to have birth control pills for next 3 cycles to regulate my periods . Are they harmful.

What could be the causes of the skipping of cycles?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No, you should not restart the treatment.

Detailed Answer:
Nice to see you again.
No, there is no need of restarting the course of medicine.
Yes! usually the treatment of skipped cycle in young girl is birth control pills.
As such pills are not harmful but every medicine is having their own side effects.
The most common cause of skipping period in your case is PCOS( polycystic ovarian syndrome).
Other common causes are- excessive exercise, birth control pills, eating habbit,stress and secondary amenorrhea.
I think this information is helpful to you.
If you have further query I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 34 minutes later
Thanks for the reply doctor.
I have couple of other questions.
Does PCOS come and go ? I mean I did a scan on Jan2014 and that time I had PCOs.
In March 2014 since I had spotting before my periods , my doctor told me to redo the tests and that time my scan didnt report PCOS . It said
Impression : anteverted uterus with subserous and intramural fibroid measuring 1.35x1.35 cm
ANd i had took thyro norm and as of pr 2014 my TSH level came to 2.26.

Can the anteverted uterus also cause problems ?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes! PCOS can go by it's own in some cases.

Detailed Answer:
Yes! PCOS can go away because it's a lifestyle disease. Change in life style and weight helpful in it's treatment.
You are suffering from hypothyroidism and fibroid as per your description.
Both hypothyroidism and fibroid may also the reason for your skipped period.
Anteverted uterus may causes problem when it is associated with some disease.
So in my opinion you should consult a good gynaecologist and take proper treatment for hypothyroidism and hormonal treatment for your skipped period.
Apart from this you should change your lifestyle also, start doing yoga, eat healthy food and frequent meals, reduce weight also.
If you are having more query I will be happy to help you, otherwise please close the query and rate my answer.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 7 hours later
Thanks doctor.

I have a final question.
I am not at all obese. Normal weight. I am 5'3 and weigh 53kgs.
But my stomach tends to bloat often. Is this because of the fibroid/pcod ?
What should I do to tackle this ?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes! It can be due to fibroid and PCOD also.

Detailed Answer:
Nice to see you!
Yes! fibroid and PCOD can cause abdominal bloating due to hormonal disturbances. mainly due to high estrogen levels.
But there are so many reasons for abdominal bloating other then this.
You can consult a gastroenterologist for your problem.
You can take probiotics, frequent small meal, avoid fatty food, avoid constipation to resolve this problem.
Drink a lot of water and take high fibre diet.
I think this information may be helpful to you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 5 days later
Hello ,

As mentioned earlier, I had meprate 10mg, for 5 days, 3 times a day.
Now its 9 days after taking my last tablet, still my periods have not started.
Is it a cause of concern ?

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please do not worry!

Detailed Answer:
No, please do not get worried.
You should wait for another one week for your period to come.
I think I have answered your query if you have further question I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 28 hours later
Hello Doctor,

I did an ultrasound scan and my endometrium thickness is 12.1mm
Its my 10th day after having meprate.
Also the report says bilateral poly cyst ovaries.
Is the endometrial thickness normal ?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX Sorry! For delay.

Detailed Answer:
Nice to see you.
Sorry ! for delay, it is due to bad weather and network issue.
Yes! if you are having 12 mm endometrium thickness that means you are having withdrawal bleeding within a week.
In PCOD patient estrogen is more so progesterone is given to compensate progesterone deficiency.
So please do not worry!
Wait and watch for your period to come.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 days later
Thanks Doctor.

I got my periods.
I am attaching the report to know if something else need to be taken care

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX Good to see you.

Detailed Answer:

Nice to see you.
Hope you will be relaxed now.
I am not able to see your reports.
Can you please upload again?

Sorry! for inconvenience.

Good luck.

Dr. Richa

Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 21 minutes later
Hello Doctor,

I have uploaded it again.
I can see it in my profile.
Can you access it now ?

XXXX
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Sorry! but I can not see your reports. You can mail the reports to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as ATTN: Dr Richa. Please mention here after mailing the reports. I would go through it and reply you back.

Thanks!
Dr. Richa
Report Uploaded.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Sorry for inconvenience !
Your scan report is same as you mentioned earlier.
One more thing is there which is not very important but you should aware of it that your uterus is in retroverted position.
Usually it is not an issue but sometimes back pain, leukorrhoea and dysmenorrhea may be due to retroverted uterus.
I think I have answered your questions if you have further questions I will happy to answer it.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa