Is watery semen normal?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: I've recently changed my diet(healthy) my semen is now watery clear ish plenty of it but not white either I've been drinking a hell of slot of water can this make my semen watery and clear
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get your Semen analsis done .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query ,
You have doubt about your semen being watery since very recently which you attribute it to be due to drinking more water .

Please note that consistency of semen has no relation with drinking of water .

Get your semen analysis done to confirm the viscosity of semen and liquefaction time of your semen .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
thankyou for your reply i had a semen test done and i have a low sperm count,i have always had a good thickish milkly type semen and lots of it, but past while it isnt white as much anymore what could i do to thicken it and make it white again.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Slight variation in semen colour has no significance .

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Welcome back,

Normally color of semen is milkish white but if it is thinner it may not look whitish and has no significance as long as it is not brown or yellowish which suggests infection .

Following measure will help you to increase sperm count and thickness of semen .

1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr..Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later
Thanks once again for your help so its nothing to worry about? I just was worried because it has never been like this before,I will take onboard your advice regarding the exercise and fruits etc also my wife and I are trying to conceive,even though the way may semen is watery clear ish is it still possible to get my wife pregnant
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload your semen analysis report

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

As regards your query about whether you can impregnate your wife or not, I shall be able to make any comment on it only after going through your Semen analysis report in details.
Please upload the report at the reports section.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX .