Is vomiting normal post hernia surgery?
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted that your son had emergency surgery for hernia on Monday.
This is not normal to have vomiting till now.
Please give some additional information:
Was there obstruction or strangulation of the hernia?
Is he having associated bloating, loose stool or constipation, pain in abdomen?
Any problem associated with urination?
Clinical evaluation, X-ray of abdomen in standing position.
Since the surgery was done for strangulated hernia, it is possible that a part of the bowel is still having problem like inflammation, kinking or obstruction of some sort or so on and may need re-exploration for diagnosis and definite procedure.
Till then few investigation can give help:
X-ray of the abdomen in standing position.
CT scan of abdomen in some patients.
He should be examined by the operating Surgeon to review for clinical evaluation, examination and further management.
Was the part of the intestine removed and end-to-end anastomosis done for intestine?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post hernia surgery bleeding vaginal
- Post hernia surgery menstrual bleeding
- Post hernia surgery pooling blood in scrotum
- Melanim blood complications post hernia surgery
- Haematuria post hernia surgery
- Post hernia surgery flat poop
- Post hernia surgery yellow skin
- Post hernia surgery swelling
- Swelling in penis post hernia surgery
- Swelling in feet post hernia surgery