Is vomiting after breastfeeding normal in a child?

Dr. Deepak Patel

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Child Health
Question: Hi doctor my 54 days old daughter from past 3 days is vomiting after feed once a day( mostly at evening) when I lift her to burp please suggest
Answered by Dr. Deepak Patel 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Burping for 10 minutes should be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to HCM. Can understand your concerns.

Sometimes, baby may vomit some amount of milk after feeding, this is a normal thing. The baby keep milk in mouth which results in vomiting.

Burping should be done for at least 10 minutes. This will help.

If vomiting still persist then start Domstal baby drop 5 drops three times a day for 2 days.

Avoid feeding baby in lying down position. Keep an angle of atleast 30 degrees.

I hope this will help you.
Wishing your child good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj