Is visible veins in hands a cause of concern?
Natural. Just put on some weight.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Visible veins in hands usually don't signify any medical issues. It can be just your normal structural system of your body. Males have more prominent veins then females as they have less fat as compared to females. Similarly, females who are thin built have prominent veins.
Since you are lean and thin, that might be the cause behind the prominent visible veins in your hands.
If the veins are visible in legs they can signify varicose veins and that requires treatment.
Now, as far as the treatment part is concerned, there is no specific treatment for this purpose. In case you have lost weight recently then that might be the reason you have this problem.
I would first of all advice you to quit smoking. You should start working for your weight as that is the only way out you can get rid of the visible veins. If you out on some weight your veins would be less prominent.
Trust me, there is no method other then this to get rid of these visible veins. In case you consume alcohol and you also have visible veins on chest then you require evaluation for alcoholic liver disease. If there is no significant history of alcohol consumption, then this is just natural and can be get cured by natural ways only.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Veins in hands suddenly visible
- Anemia visible veins hands
- Cause of vein visibility
- Will dermatimyositis causes visible appearance of veins on hands
- Cause visible temple veins
- Visible veins caused by leukopenia
- Visible veins abdomen cause
- Visible veins on hands how to cure
- Visible veins wrist and hand
- Visible veins on penis is this a cause for concern
- What is the window period for HIV test post exposure?
- Suggest treatment for allergic reaction to Azithral in a child
- Does Bayer Aspirin cause burping?
- What causes clear discharge and strong smelling urine?
- What causes chest pain with normal ECG report?
- Suggest treatment for nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite
- What causes leg pain in sleep?
- Suggest treatment for hepatitis C in a heart patient
- Suggest treatment for acute bronchitis
- What causes sore neck and heavy head post head oil massage?