Is viral vestibular infection treatable?

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi I have read it online that doctor may give you medicine to treat viral vestibular ear infection. Is that correct and if so what is the medication. Can this disease heal? What are options? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptomatic treatment is given

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

There is no treatment that give effect in a viral vestibular infection. All viral infections are difficult to treat because the medicines that are discovered until now have more side effects then the benefit that they give.

This disease cannot heal completely, but the symptoms can be alleviated and you will be able to feel less symptoms until the body kills the virus.
So here, the doctor mean to say that, medicines can be given to treat your symptoms. The disease will last for the time that it should last, but you will be able to function in your daily life.

Let me know your symptoms, what bothers you, and as many details as you can about the frequency and their intensity, and I will be happy to advise the medicines that will help you go through this medicine.

If worse or not better, I would recommend seeing a local doctor.

Hope this is helpful.
Looking forward to your follow up question.

Dr. Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng