Is viral fever contagious?
What medicines needs to be given. He is very cranky. I am giving with copphol
Do not worry
I understand your concerns but don't worry. Viral infections can easily spread from one child to other. The menifestations take 1-2 weeks to appear at times due to incubation period.
At present, you need to give only symptomatic treatment. That includes paracetamol or calpol drops/syrup along with good nutrition and fluids. These episodes are self limiting and improve within a couple of days.
Hopefully it will be of help.
Start complementary feeds along with Enfamil stage 2
If your baby has completed 6 months of age then start Enfamil stage 2 along with 2-3 bowls of complementary feeds daily.
Complementary feeds for now should be in semi solid form. It should include:
- Cereal flours especially raging, rice etc.
- vegetables and fruits
- dairy products
Avoid cow milk and honey till one year of age.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Under what conditions should breastfeeding be restricted to infant?
- What causes absence seizures after adenoid and tonsil removal?
- Suggest treatment for sleep movement disorder
- Is HSV infection as dangerous as HIV infection?
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and frequent urination
- Can Lanzol be given along with milk to a 3 year old?
- What causes fever after vaccination in child?
- What causes swellings on back of head in a toddler?
- Is it safe to give Spark energy drink to children?
- Is burning sensation in throat after eating hot food a cause for concern?