question-icon

Is vaccination safe to administer within 20 days?

Posted on Mon, 6 Aug 2018
Question: Hi doc, my son will turn 10 months on Feb 2. He was given opv on XXXXXXX 10 as part of routine vaccination. Today we have him.opv as part of npp.is there any problem with giving within 20 days?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (18 minutes later)
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Brief Answer:
Can be given

Let me assure you that there is no problem of scheduled dose of OPV is given within 20 days or less of National Pulse Polio Program. You can proceed without worries.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician