Is vaccination required after being scratched by a vaccinated puppy?
Scratch from vaccinated pet.
Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.
You have blood letting wound in your arm through scratch by your puppy.
Since she is healthy & vaccinated against rabies , apparently you don't carry any risk of rabies .
However,you need to take inj tetanus toxoid booster dose,if due.
Also you need to confine and watch your puppy for 10 days from the day of bite.
PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) is not necessary if the puppy remains healthy.
If the puppy dies or runs away/escapes ,within 10 days period,you need to take rabies vaccination (full course).
Local wound care:scratch should be washed thoroughly with soap and water. Antibiotic treatment initiated whenever indicated.
Dr. T.K. Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dizziness after dpt vaccine
- Rashes after flu vaccine
- Puppy scratched by nails need vaccine
- Is mmr vaccine required
- Tingling in hand after vaccination
- Lumps on arm after vaccinations
- Does a dog scratch require anti rabies vaccination
- Jamaica vaccination requirements babies
- Is repeat of anti rabies vaccination required for cat scratch
- Any vaccination required for dog nail scratch