Is urine infection at 13 weeks of pregnancy a concern?
My wife is 13 weeks pregnant and we got some blood tests done. I need help analysis same as she seems to have some urine infection as per the urine report. What to do as during her first pregnancy she had a IUFD (fetal demise at 6 months). Is this infection a cause of concern. Please help
Urine culture and sensitivity test should be done
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
I have reviewed the reports.
All the investigations are normal except the urine infection.
Further, urine culture and sensitivity test should be done to assess the bacteria and the antibiotic should be decided accordingly.
Yes, intrauterine demise and growth restriction can occur in urinary tract infection in pregnancy.
She should drink plenty of water.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Urine infection in pregnancy signs
- Precautions to avoid urine infection during pregnancy
- Iron tablets pregnancy urine infection
- Urinal infection during pregnancy puzz cells range
- Urine infections in pregnancy
- Droxyl 500 pregnancy urine infection
- Urine infection in 36 week of pregnancy
- Urine infection at 40 weeks pregnant
- Urine infection 30 35 pus cells pregnancy
- Urine infection in late pregnancy