Is unwanted 200 effective as abortion pills?

Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali

Posted on Fri, 30 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello doctor,
My gf didn't get her periods last 5days of her date.
We had sex 20days ago. But there is a chance of pregnancy. She didnot want any pregnancy check?
Is it good to take unwanted 200mg to move out the chances of pregnancy? Plz help me.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
First pregnancy has to be confirmed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I can understand your concern.
Because of the high risk of severe vaginal bleeding, cramps, incomplete abortion and uterine (womb) infection, it is not advisable to take Unwanted 200 without consulting a qualified gynecologist.

So, first the pregnancy should be confirmed by ultrasound and its location like it should be within the uterus (womb). Then the doctor will prescribe the Unwanted kit.

So, my advice is first get the pregnancy test done and then consult the gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 1 hour later
But it is only 20days. and u r also a doctor please suggest me some medicine or kit to abort it. I gave u every detail of my gf. and suggest me how to use the unwAnted kit in home?
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Taher Ali 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not safe to terminate pregnancy at home

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

As explained earlier the risks associated with taking pills for abortion without consulting a gynecologist. It is better for her to be seen by a gynecologist.

The Unwanted kit consists of one large tablet Mifepristone to be taken on empty stomach at once and then after 48 hours of that the four tablets of Misoprostol have to be taken orally all together.

After taking full kit, abortion occurs anytime between 6 hours to 5 days.
But in few patients there can be an incomplete abortion, excessive bleeding and infection in that case you have to visit a gynecologist.
An ultrasound has to be done after 2 weeks to confirm whether the abortion is completed.

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj