Is undergoing breast augmentation surgery while menstruating safe?

Dr. Timothy Raichle

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: What happens if you ate scheduled for breast augmentation surgery and have your period?
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This should not be a problem

Detailed Answer:
While there are changes in your breasts during your cycle, this should not effect the plan for surgery involving your breasts. There should not be an issue with regarding to surgical timing. That being said, you should double check this with your surgeon but I am fairly certain that this is a non-issue. The only thing that might be an issue is related to pain and your ability to perform self-cares and hygeine.

Dr. Tim
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar