Is uncontrollable crying and screaming associated with pseudobulbar affect?

Question
My 84 year old mom has uncontrollable crying and screaming for hours a day. When she is sane , she does not recall having those episodes. Could it be PBA? What can I do? XXXXXXX
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
PBA

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

I have gone through your query. It seems to be nothing but Pathological laughter and cryin, Also called: PBA, pseudobulbar affect. PBA is a neurologic condition which means it's caused by damage to the nervous system. You therefore need to take her to a neurologist at the earliest.

Feel free to write back.