Is triple antibiotic ointment the right medication for sores on buttocks?
You need thorough surgical dressing.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
I can understand your situation and problem.
By your history and description, possibility of skin infection is more in your case.
Buttocks are common site for this due to
1. Constant perspiration and moisture.
2. A lot of hair in this area.
The fluid is mostly pus. And if you don't remove all the pus, it will definitely recur.
So you need thorough surgical dressing with removal of all pus under observation of doctor and packing of wounds with antiseptic solution like betadine.
You need culture and sensitivity of fluid (pus) to guide antibiotic therapy.
Are you having diabetes?
Are you taking proper hygienic care of your genitals?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Triple antibiotic ointment for fordyce
- Allergy to triple antibiotic ointment
- Triple antibiotic ointment for burns
- Triple antibiotic ointment for babies
- Triple antibiotic ointment on acne
- Triple antibiotic ointment immunity
- Triple antibiotic ointment cysts
- Triple antibiotic ointment vitiligo
- Triple antibiotic ointment for bv
- Triple antibiotic ointment for rosacea
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?