Is travelling advisable after an IUI procedure?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: My wife had an IUI on XXXXXXX 18th morning. Due to some unavoidable circumstances she had to travel appx 50 kms on XXXXXXX 24 and XXXXXXX 25. Also, due to many guests she is preparing many foods; Will this effect pregnancy?? Also, what care to be taken now. She is taking folic acid supplement.
Answered by Dr. Khushboo Priya 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi, I think there is no problem.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome to healthcaremagic.

I think there is no problem in travelling and making food for guests. Just tell her to take adequate rest in between and not lift heavy bags.

She can continue taking folic acid tablets. Also she can take some progesterone supplements like susten 200mg vaginally twice a day or duphaston 10 mg orally twice a day. It is generally given for 2 weeks after IUI. Talk to your doctor regarding this.

She can do a urine or blood test for pregnancy on 3rd of July.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any other query, I will be happy to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Khushboo Priya

Infertility Specialist