Is trans fat needed for good health?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: is transfat good for health. if it's bad how to maintain transfat level in body
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Worst cholesterol ever

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Transfat is the worst cholesterol intake and bad cholesterol like this can lead to cardiac problems. This is mostly industrial product of hydrogenated oil and should be avoided.

In order to keep it to the minimum reduce the intake of this. Read the labels on the food and avoid the ones with trans fat in it. Baked foods, processed foods, fries, refrigerated dough , snacks, creamers and margarines etc are the rich sources of trans fat.

Always read your labels. IN us if trans fat is less than 0.5 gram they label it as zero so these small amounts can add up very quickly if you take multiple servings of the foods of 0.5 gm trans fat.

Talk to your nutritionist or dietitian and let them decide what is best for you and devise a complete dietary plan.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

regards
Khan
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 7 minutes later
every day I will eat dark chocolate it contains .2 transfat. but people told dark chocolate good for health
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CHocolate is not wise

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getitng back to me

Using chocolates too much is not wise and no they are not good for health. So please avoid them and the people who misguide you. Eat fresh and natural and healthy . it should not be a problem.

I hope it helps.
Khan