Is train travel advisable during 27th week of pregnancy?
would travelling in train for 7.30 hours is safe? also will be traveling back after 4 days.
Air travel is better
Hi and thanks for your query.
I personally think that travelling in train is not very safe at any stage of pregnancy. Air travel is a better option. The reason being the jerks that can happen during the travel and other associated risks of boarding the train etc. The safest time to travel is anyways between 18th and 24th weeks of pregnancy. Travelling is not advisable at all if there are any pregnancy related complications.
If it is a must for you to visit hometown then take your precautions at all times. Do not rush or carry heavy bags. Carry home cooked food. Avoid excess jerks or exertion. It is a better option that your family visits you.
I would suggest that you keep patience for a few more weeks and travel as much as you want after the delivery.
Hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is train journey advisable during the 32nd week of pregnancy
- Is train journey safe at 27th week of pregnancy
- Train travel during 30th week pregnancy
- Is it safe to travel by train during pregnancy after 31 weeks
- Travel in 33 week of pregnancy by train
- Is it safe to travel in train during pregnancy
- Is it safe to travel in train during 5th week of pregnancy
- 27 weeks pregnancy travel by train
- Train travel during pregnancy
- Train travel during 27 week pregnancy