Is throbbing pain in chest a symptom of fibromyalgia?

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 30 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am 55yrs old. Sometimes after an elimination I experience a throbbing pain that feels like it is in the middle of my body like kidneys. Its not my stomach. My heart in fine. Once the throbbing pain was so bad it was unpleasant to try to breath. That day I had taken 1Advil gel cap. It was in sync w/the beat of my heart and the pain tapers off. A few minutes ago, I eliminated the pain happened and stopped. This time the stool is very dark and a bright red color is coming off the otherwise normal shape BM. I had a glass of beet juice a day ago. Yesterday, I ate some turmeric on an orange. I've been having awful arthritis and what I think might be Fybromyalgia body pain wanted to see if the the spice would help. I figured thats why I'm tired along with being a caregiver.I gave an urine sample 3wks ago to check for gout and kidney issues because I'd gotten over a UTI but my back has been killing me.I haven't heard from doctor so I guess alls well. Think its the beet juice or turmeric? I feel ok, just finish cuttin the grass. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to get an ECG

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case. I think you have two different problems.
1.Throbbing pain in chest can be due to heart problem. I know you feel that your heart is normal still there is no harm in getting an ECG. It will confirm the diagnosis. If their is any abnormality then you can get treatment accordingly. If ECG is normal then you can be rest assured that your heart is normal and this pain is just muscular.
2.Red bright blood in stool is mostly due to piles. As you are saying that you have taken beet then it can also cause such appearance. So wait for few days and if this bright red stool continue then check it by a surgeon.
Let me know if their is any other followup questions.
thanks