Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Is there some type of surgery to prevent blood to flow back after erection has been achieved?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Is there some type of surgery for the valve in the penis that prevents blood from flowing back out once an erection takes place out thus keeping the penis erect
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

No surgery is available that shall prevent the blood to flow back after the erection has been achieved.
However, patients who experience early detumescence can use vacuum erection devices and that allow them to have prolonged erection as desired.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor