Is there interaction between Warfarin, Lisinopril, Sotalol, Lipitor and Triesence?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Blood Disorders
Question: how does warfarin,lisinopril, sotalol, lipitor interact with triesence drug
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not likely with the form of medication

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Triesence consists of triamcinolone. Triamcinolone can be given in different formats.

Because in this case, it is being used in the eye there may not be a lot of absorption of the drug into the body so it may not interact with your other meds.

If there is a lot of systemic absorption (this is not likely) then interaction is possible.

It can interact with warfarin by decreasing warfarin's effectiveness. It does this by affecting its breakdown.

The lipitor can also increase the effect of the triamcinolone by affecting its transport.

As mentioned , these effects are more likely with systemic forms of this medication eg injection or oral

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions