Is there interaction between Tramadol and Cipro?
Quinolones can cause
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Quinolones like Ciprofloxacin and Levofloxacin can provoke seizure in a person predisposed to seizures.
In fact, Tramadol can even interact with Quinolones to cause seizures, but this usually happens in people with past history of seizure disorder.
in general, we don't suspect seizures while using these drugs, however if there is previous history of seizure disorder then we avoid these medicines.
Now, since she had seizures, we need to be sure that there is no other reason that has caused seizure before saying that it's due to ciprofloxacin.
So, in my opinion she should under go a CT Head along with serum electrolytes to rule out other causes.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cipro and methadone interaction
- Ornof tramadol interaction
- Methotrexate and cipro drug interactions
- Macrobid and cipro interaction
- Cipro and tramadol interaction
- Prilosec and cipro interaction
- Does gabapentin interact with tramadol
- Tramadol interaction with oxyelite
- Flomax and cipro interaction
- Cipro interaction with alcohol