Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Is there any way to restore damaged molars?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 77 Questions
Is there any way to fully restore broken/damaged molars? If yes, what would be its treament and its duration? Thanks!
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thank Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thank you for the query. It is possible to restore the broken / damaged molars, but depends upon to what extent the damage is. If the hard structures of the tooth is substantial and damage is extended till soft tissue [pulp] then it can be treated by root canal treatment followed by cap / crown. If the damage is not extended till soft tissue then inlay / on-lay may be considered. If the hard structure is minimal then it better to remove the tooth as the chewing force is maximum in molars region. If you have x-ray and photo of the tooth then it is convenient to give clear opinion regarding this I hope this clarifies you, If you have anything further to ask I am happily available. with warm regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor