Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Is there any way to increase the height naturally at 27 years of age?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
Hi Doctor, I am 27 years of age, and currently my height is 5.3. i want to know if there is any way to increase the height naturally???? i know this is very silly but id still prefer to know.
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: No more growth Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query The maximum age for growth in height for males is 21 years of age, after this age the growing ends of the bones gets fused so that no more growth can occur. Since you are 27 you cannot grow anymore in height. Please do not fall for false claims by popular advertisements shown in the media. Before 21 years of age we usually advice patients to engage is sports and cardiovascular exercises like swimming and cycling. Severely stunted growth can also be improved with certain growth hormone injections before the age of 21, these too have limited use. I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me. I wish you good health Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor