Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Is there any way to increase sperm count?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1309 Questions
I want to take a chance for baby but my husband sperm count is "0" is there any solution or hope to increase the sperm report is attached plz refer that
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 20 hours later

I have gone through your mail and attached report. In this case I would like to explain that if the problem is congenital i.e. some birth time defect then the possibility of generating sperms is very little. But if the causes are other than congenital then much can be done. In the attached report there is presence of 10-12 pus cell this indicates some infective lesion inside. Such bacteria consume the oxygen needed by sperms to breathe thereby killing all sperms. This should be cured. Use of certain drugs kill the sperms. Use of intocants also kill them to some extent. Remaining always negative and tense affects adversely. Many a times with proper medication sperms appear in smear enabling IUF. The results vary from person to person and depend on causative factor.

In ayurveda we have a complete range of spermatogenic herbs which stimulate the system and enable release of sperms. You must have a complete course of ayurvedic medicines over a long period to get desired results. We attach due importance to factors like sexual debility, quantity of semen, liquification etc along with presence of sufficient motile healthy sperms to ensure pregnancy.

What treatment you have already availed of?
What other investigations and treatment doctors informed you?

More details regarding habits diet life style etc will also help to pin-point the cause.

Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor