Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Is there any way to bring Urea cretaine to standard level and does kidney damage can be rectified?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 495 Questions
Is there any way to bring Urea cretaine to standard level?
Does kidney damage can be rectified?

Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 43 minutes later
Thanks for your query.
From the history provided it appears that your son probably had posterior urethral valves which were blocking the flow of urine.
This resulted in swelling of the kidneys and elevated creatinine levels.

What are the results of the most recent ultrasound reports? Are the kidneys still swollen? Also i would like to know the urine analysis report.

Based on these we could do further tests like a DMSA scan to see if the kidneys are scarred and MCUG to see if there is any reflux or backflow of urine from the bladder to the kidneys.

Meanwhile you can do the following things to prevent further kidney damage:
1) Avoid use of painkillers like combiflam, nise etc.
2) Treat any urine infection aggressively
3) Use oral sodium bicarb if blood tests show more acid.
4) Keep the blood pressure well controlled.
Once the results of additional tests are available I can give a better opinion on further treatment and long term outcome
Hope this was helpful.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor