Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for liver hemangioma other than surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
Hello Sir, My Mom has daibetes since 15 years now. She is 52 She takes tablets and insulin dosage of 28 every night. She even has tingling feeling in her feet. recently she was detected with liver hemangioma in sonography and CT scan(6cm) . she has mild pain in the right side. also her right hand pains. feels fullness in stomach. Is there any treatement for liver hemangioma other than surgery?
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. Liver hemangiomas dont need treatment as such if they are not causing any symptoms. These are noncancerous tumor and not life threatening. If at all it has to be treated then apart from surgery , radiological intervention procedures like injecting sclerosing agent in hemangioma or blocking the blood vessel supplying the hemangioma can be tried. Ideal step would be to see gastrohepatic surgeon and interventional radiologist. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Is there any treatment for liver hemangioma other than surgery? 16 minutes later
Thanks for the suggestion. For Diabetes, is there any way to get back to to tablets intead of daily injections. Or is Insulin the best option. She was told to start insulin a year back. However has diabetes since last 15years
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Difficult to answer this online. Detailed Answer: Hello, Its difficult to say without having an attempt to shift her on drugs again. You will have to speak with her doctor.Doctor after having look at her blood sugar levels for past few months can give an trail to shift her back to drugs.Then for few days regular monitoring would be needed. If she does well with oral drugs then doctor might continue with oral medications. Hope this helps.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor