Is there any relationship between salt cravings and parathyroid disorder?
Yes, it can be due to an associated Addison's Disease
Thanks for using HCM.
Salt craving may indicate an underactive adrenal glands called Addison's disease or a Kidney disease called Bartter syndrome.
Sometimes Addison's disease may be associated with other conditions like hypoparathyroidism which you are suffering from.
You can discuss with your doctor about a possible associated Addison's disease that might be causing salt cravings.
I hope that answers your question.
With kind regards,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Parathyroid testosterone
- Symptoms of parathyroid disorder
- Parathyroid disorder causes
- What s the difference between primary and secondary parathyroid disease
- Hydrochlorothiazide and parathyroid
- Diagnosis of parathyroid disorder
- Treatment and cure for parathyroid disorder
- Parathyroid and tooth decay
- Implanon parathyroid
- Drugs/medication for parathyroid disorder
- Suggest treatment for poor skin fixation on the shaft of the penis
- Is there any relationship between salt cravings and parathyroid disorder?
- Suggest treatment for mild aortic blockage
- What causes a radiating warmth from the chest area under the sternum?
- Can Mucinex Sinus-Max be taken along with Gengraf, Prednisone and...
- Can Acetaminophen be taken while on Hydrocodone - Homatropine?
- What causes vision sensitivity to light and itching?
- What causes swelling on left side of face?
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain, anxiety, depression, frequent...
- What causes lightheadedness especially when moving around or bending?