Is there any relation between sleeplessness and high blood sugar levels?
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Fatigue can occur in hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) in some persons. It is one of the possible symptoms.
Your blood sugar level can be checked with a glucometer, at home, at your doctor or some other health care outlet.
It would have to be significantly high in most cases to cause fatigue. There would likely be other symptoms such as increased thirst, weight loss, increased appetite, increased urination, recurrent infections.
Normal fasting blood sugar is less than 90 mg/dl and normal 2 hour post is less than 139.
If your blood sugar is normal or just out of range then you may need to consider other causes such as :(1)anemia
(3)chronic illness such as heart disease/kidney disease/liver disease etc
(5)side effect of medication
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sleepless night always tired blood in urine kidney stone
- Palpitations high bp hot flashes sleeplessness what is the reason
- High blood sugar and sleeplessness
- Off opiates anxious high craving sleeplessness legs twitching help
- Sleeplessness high dosage of suboxone on fioricet codeine help
- High bp tiredness sleeplessness what seems wrong
- Pms and sleeplessness
- Lexapro and sleeplessness
- Will loosing blood in stool cause stress and sleeplessness
- Anxiety and sleeplessness