Is there any relation between meth and menstrual cycle?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Can meth use cause missing menstrual cycle?if so can you still get pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May or may not related to meth Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Methamphetamine may not directly affect the menstrual cycle. But by affecting the general health status like causing anorexia, dietary changes, stress etc, it can affect the hormonal levels and may lead to delayed or missing of periods. But delay in periods can occur due to many other causes also. And yes, if you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation there is possibility of pregnancy even being on meth. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 hours later
Okay thanks for that info If a period has been missed for a couple of months is pregnacy still possible?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Ovulation Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, if ovulation occurred in those months and if you had unprotected intercourse around that period there is possibility of pregnancy. Better to go for ultrasound to find out or rule out the possibility of pregnancy. Take care.